Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Thursday 9 May 2013

Pink and blue

My post for today is my first DT sample for Emma's Cards Uk blog challenge. The theme is 'Pink and Blue' and I chose pastel colours to use.


My base card is 8 x8 to which I added a slightly smaller piece of pink centura card. I then embossed a piece of white card which is smaller than the first layer creating a border. I inked the edges with ink before layering it onto my card. I then used the decorative labels die to cut out a large blue and small white shape. I used the scallop circle to cut out a pink shape and white card to cut a small circle. The small labels shape I inked the edges pink and the small circle I inked with blue. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment onto the small white circle. I then punched my border and layered this onto a piece of pink centura card and attached pink ribbon and then made and added the bow. I placed this onto my card then added my die shapes and to finish I added gems.

Products used
8 x8 card
Pink and blue centura card
White card
Tim Holtz Tumbled glass and spun sugar distress inks
Embossalicious roses folder
Spellbinders decorative labels one, scalloped circle and circle die.
Martha Stewart punch for border.
Verse stamp, silver embossing powder ribbon and gems

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments are appreciated x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sheila, love the embossing and the beautiful template.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, so delicate and the sentiment is lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sheila, I love the pastel blue and pink you've used. And a great sentiment.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Sheila. I love the pastel shades and the way you've used the dies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Sheila xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card full of delicate textures. And congratulations on being on Emma's DT .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Sheila. Love the soft colours and the dies. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Sheila. Love the soft colours and the dies. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Sheila. Love the soft colours and the dies. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila, congratulations on your DT position! What a gorgeous card to start off with, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Sheila love the way you have put the card together with the dies and the soft colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrat's on your new DT position Sheila, a fab card. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. I love the soft colours and the texture you've introduced with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete