Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Today's dreams

I started off making this card as a 6x6 and hadn't realised the sentiment part of the card was too large. So I started again with an 8x8 base card. I first layered black card onto the base leaving a border, then layered white card onto the black before putting a piece of 6x6 patterned paper on top. I used one of my nestabilitie shapes to make the main image, I made two of these as it was easier when stamping the image to get the wording in the correct place. I drew around the outer part of the nestabilitie to make a faux shape for layering. Before placing the shape onto my card I stamped to lovely swirls in opposite corners. I then placed some patterned paper onto a strip of white card before matting it onto black card. This was the final piece to place on my card before adding a few gems. I have entered this card in Rubys Rainbow challenge x

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely Sheila, I love black and pink together and that sentiment is beautiful.
    I don't know if you know about this site

    http://felineplayful.blogspot.co.uk/

    It gives a daily round up of all the challenges and the results. You will find 'More is Less' and their current challenge on there. I would have looked for you but I am just off out to a quiz night.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment Eileen, I will have a look at the site thanks, have fun at quiz night.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card, very elegant. Must get those swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever card! LOVE the way you've halved the sentiment and it's layers! LOVE it--PINNED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mynette for your lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!

    Thank you for joining us at Ruby’s Rainbow for our *Black,White + 1 other* Challenge

    hope you will join us again soon
    Hugs Shaz DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card

    Thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is totally stunning and striking!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete